Facebook Lite App
If you have been using the Facebook Android app for some time now, you would have figured out that the conventional Facebook App is generally very heavy and very resource hungry. If you haven’t observed this, just hop over to your app settings on your Android device. Check how much megabytes of space the normal Facebook app is consuming on your phone.
If you do this, you will see that what am saying is true. It is because of the resource hungry nature of this Facebook app that made the Facebook team come up with less resource hungry version called the Facebook Lite app. With this new Facebook app you will be able to connect with friends without getting worried about your device lagging or the app not working due to a bad internet connection (cause the Facebook Lite App works even with 2G networks unlike its counterpart).
Why Facebook Lite App
The question would be why I should choose Facebook Lite over my normal Facebook App. Here are some of the features of this new Facebook Lite App:
- Like the normal Facebook app, Facebook Lite allows you to share posts on your timeline on the go.
- You also have the option to like Pictures as you do in the normal app.
- You can easily search for people on Facebook.
- It also allows you to edit your profile and groups.
- You can use Facebook emoji in posts just like you could in your normal Facebook app.
- You can view Pictures and videos too.
- You can also get push notifications about your accounts Facebook activities.
- You can search for local social events, RSVP, and make plans to meet up with friends.
- Comment/react to friends and Family’s posts and updates.
- You can like and follow people on Facebook.
There are much more you can do with Facebook lite and in fact, you can do almost everything you think you can do with your normal Facebook app with the Facebook lite. The difference is that Facebook lite saves resources for you.
How to Download
To download your own Facebook lite app on your Android device, follow these steps below:
- Go to your device Google play store and search for “Facebook Lite”.
- Open the link from the search result and click the green “install” button.
This should install the app on your device after which you just click the green “open” button to open the app and give it a try.
Creating a Facebook Account with Your Facebook Lite App
After downloading the app:
- Open the app.
- Click on the “Create New Account” tab.
- Enter your mobile number and choose a password
- Then click “Next”.
- Select your gender
- Enter your name, date of birth, then click “DONE”.
- Confirm your phone number to activate your Facebook Account.
Now you are ready to start using your Facebook account. You can update your account profile latter as you see fit.